FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
The Library is open between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m.
Please send a request by mail to the Library.
If it is a PhD thesis from another institute: please ask the librarians.
If it is an article: please consult the databases.
No, you can only make copies of the articles you are interested in.
Please fill in the form to order an article or to obtain a book on loan.
Please consult the following pages:
- Library catalogues - books and ILL and ESRF publications
- New Library acquisitions - RSS feed on new books bought in the last 2 months
- Journals - online journals and a list of the periodicals held by the Library
Yes, you can ask the Librarians to ensure that your are the next person to borrow a book.
- You can only borrow books if you are from the ILL, the ESRF or the EMBL.
- Please fill in the registration form the first time you borrow. You can also find a paper version of this form at the library entrance.
- Fill in the loan card (inside the book) with your name and the date of borrowing.
Some books, with red labels, are not for loan and have no card inside.
- Leave the form and/or loan card at the library entrance.
Please return them at the library entrance or in the mailbox outside the library.
Please fill in the electronic purchase request form.
ESRF staff: Please fill in the document request form. It must be signed by the head of your service. Send the form to the Library. The book will be sent directly to you.
ILL staff: Please fill in a DAI.
Click on "Web of Science" on the Library's Home page.