Joint ILL-ESRF Library: Publish in open access
- To publish in Gold open access: you have to pay APCs (Article Processing Charges) or publication fees.
2. If your publication falls within the scope of H2020 projects (European projects): publication fees are eligible for reimbursement during the duration of the project. The article must also be made accessible through a repository upon publication.
3. If your publication falls within the scope of the Horizon Europe program: If you publish in a full open access journal or in a hybrid journal (*) for which there is a transformative agreement(*) (please ask the library), publication fees are eligible for reimbursement during the duration of the project. The European Research Council accepts to pay publication fees for all hybrid journals.
- To publish in Green open access: please consult our poster
1. If your publication falls within the scope of Plan S from cOAlition S (funders) or within the scope of the Horizon Europe program, and if you are corresponding author, you must:
2. If your publication falls within the scope of H2020 project, a 6-month maximum embargo period applies to make the author version available in an open access repository like HAL. The library can help you doing this. Please consult the Sherpa/Romeo web site to know the embargo fixed by the publisher. If it is higher than 6 months, please sign the amendment to the agreement you sign with the publisher. Some publishers (like the American Chemical Society) do not accept this amendment. You must then publish in Gold open access.
3. If your publication doesn’t fall within the scope of Plan S or Horizon Europe or H2020 and if you are corresponding author, please send your author version to the Joint ILL-ESRF Library (for registration in Flora, the library database).
Glossary of publishing terms:
- prepublication: version submitted to a publisher, non peer-reviewed, without layout