Joint ILL-ESRF Library: Other resources
Access the most commonly used databases (apart from the Joint ESRF-ILL library database FLORA):
- Directory of Open Access Journals: Hosts a community-curated list of open access journals.
- Essential Science Indicators: Clarivate Analytics tool that analyses top papers in 22 research fields.
- Google Book Search: Google Inc. service that searches the full text of part of books and magazines that Google has scanned and archived.
- Google Scholar: Web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
- HAL: French open archive.
- Inorganic Crystal Structure Database (ICSD): Seeks to contain information on all inorganic crystal structures published since 1913 and updated twice a year.
- ISTEX: French founded platform developed and maintained by INIST (Institut de l’information scientifique et technique) and financed by the ANR (Agence nationale de la recherche) allowing searches on archives of journals and ebooks from many publishers bought under French national licence.
- Journal Citation Report (JCR): Annual publication by Clarivate Analytics that provides the Journals impact factor.
- OpenAIRE: Open science in Europe.
- PANIST: French founded platform allowing searches on archives bought by French institutes (now composed of 2002-2018 Elsevier publications.
- Protein Data Bank (PDB): Database for the three-dimensional structural data of large biological molecules, such as proteins and nucleic acids.
- PubMed: Free search engine primarily accessing the MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on life sciences and biomedical topics. It is maintained by the United States National Library of Medicine.
- WebCSD (Cambridge Structural Database): Database for small-molecule organic and metal-organic crystal structures.
- Web of Science: Online subscription-based scientific citation indexing service now maintained by Clarivate Analytics based on 7 databases. Articles can be searched by author, affiliation, title, abstract, keyword, year... but the search is not performed on the full text of the articles.