ESI is organised by the Instrumentation Thematic Working Group of EIROforum members.
EIROforum is a partnership of Europe's eight largest intergovernmental research organizations. In EIROforum, these organizations pursue joint initiatives, combine resources, and share best practices.
The eight EIROforum members are:
- CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
- EFDA - European Fusion Development Agreement
- EMBL - European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- ESA - European Space Agency
- ESO - European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere
- ESRF - European Synchrotron Radiation Facility
- ILL- Institut Laue Langevin
- XFEL - European X-Ray Laser Project XFEL